About Malaysia's Open Data Portal
The Public Sector Open Data Portal, data.gov.my was developed in-house by MAMPU and launched by YB. Datuk Joseph Entulu, Minister in the Prime Minister Department at the Conference of the ASEAN CIO 2014. The portal serves as an online one-service-center to access and download the open government data.
The portal has been upgraded with the addition of new features based on the global open data trends to facilitate access to the datasets available in the portal. In early 2016, the beta version of the portal has replaced the first version of the portal. Now, the beta version of the portal is upgraded to the new version.
Open Data Objectives:
- Enables data to be shared to a wide range of users and to increase the transparency of government services;
- Provides opportunities to citizens and the business community to increase their creativity and innovation in the creation of new products;
- Provides a platform for the people to obtain information from official sources of the Government and as a means to obtain feedback from citizens;
- Saves citizens' time to access the government open data; and
- Saves the cost of applications development by government agencies.
(Source: data.gov.my official website: http://www.data.gov.my)
Steps On How To Use QR Code
1. You need to have a smartphones / tables with camera function.
2. Your smartphones / tables must have a QR Code Scanner / Reader application installed. This application can be download for free via Google Play Store / Apple Store
3. Open the application and point the smartphone / tablet camera to the QR Code in this page.
4. Wait until the scanning process is successful.
5. If successful, you will be taken directly to the URL http://www.data.gov.my via phone / tablet.
data.gov.my QR Code